torsdag 19 november 2009

CRM or the lack of it

I was some time ago in San Francisco at one Levi's store and saw a great gadget. A mini room, where they had a body scanner checking your size etc and then instantly printing all the jeans that they have in the store and are my size. Is this amazing or what! No need to check, try, ( i hate shopping). you can just get the printed list, go to some of their staff and ask for them to pick up the x number of jeans that fit you. Then you barely need to try them on but just buy them.

HOWEVER! why did they not take my email address and create a profile giving me the possibility to buy online. I would by now have bought at least a couple of more Levi's.
CRM - client retention management or the lack of it.

1 kommentar:

  1. I have weird feet. What does this have to do with client intelligence? Well it’s simple: since it is hard for me to find shoes that fit me and in which I feel comfortable, I am the perfect client for any shoemaker that makes “fit for your feet” shoes. I had some very nice shoes made for my wedding by Mihai Albu (he’s a rather famous and very talented Romanian shoe designer http://www.mihaialbu.ro/). He did an excellent job, I finally had beautiful comfy shoes and could dance the whole night without hoping that the night will end because my feet hurt. It was, I must say, something very new for me… But I’m wondering why doesn’t he keep in contact with his clients? He took the exact size of my feet and he could have saved the information and then send me online offers with other shoe models. I would have bought at least a pair of shoes each season even though they are rather expensive since I would know that they would be perfect for my feet.

    And you would think that the companies that sale luxury products value their clients and that they do their best to develop a long-lasting relationship with them…

    SvaraRadera